Saturday, April 14, 2012

Book Review- Lee Child- The Affair


Lee Child- The Affair (Dell Books 2012) 4.25 Stars

It’s 1997 and Jack Reacher knows he doesn’t have long before the army forces him out. To test his loyalty he is sent to Carter Crossing, Mississippi, to go undercover and keep an eye on local authorities. They are investigating the murder of three local women and a possible connection to the army base down there. Reacher must keep tabs on any information that could be embarrassing to the army, but Reacher was never one to play ball.

I did not like the introduction for this book. I hate when books start off at a point close to the end and then go back to fill in the blanks. I did enjoy the rest of the book though. It had a great plot, with many great twists that keep you guessing. The twists that you do see coming, are still attention grabbing. It was fast moving and I love the way that Reacher’s mind works. I love the way that he keeps you on the edge of your seat right up until the ending. I loved the ending of this novel; it was a great way to tie up all the loose ends. The characters are well done in this novel; however I would like to see Lee Child shake things up a little. He needs to not have it so that in every book Reacher is working alongside of a woman and then have him sleep with said woman. I would also like to see him create a new character. Overall this novel was really good, a great addition to the Reacher series.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com.

Tony Peters

Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link up. I will put the title of the book into the link for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, although I read a lot of this genre, I have never actually read a Lee Child book! Weird, isn't it? But I'm putting him on my to-be-read list.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!